The Perfect Foundation Makeup Artist: Vanessa Ferguson-Kellman Model: Tenika Jones
Hey Beautiful People! Did you know your foundation is the first step to achieving flawless makeup? Think of it as constructing a building; let’s use for example the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates – officially the tallest building in the world. In order for that building to stand with its astonishing attraction and apex, the first step was the structurally sound “foundation”. So, as with makeup application, the foundation counts for 60% of the overall success; conversely, if you apply your foundation incorrectly, the results of your finished work would probably get a few OMG’s! and some LOL’s!
Here are the key Functions & Benefits of Foundations
- Foundation evens out your skin tone
- Foundation softens the lines in your face
- Foundation alters your skin colour in value for corrective purposes (value here means the lightness and darkness of your colour)
- Foundation moisturizes and hydrates the skin and provides S.P.F. (Sun Protection Factor)
- Your skin will appear smoother and more radiant
- The S.P.F in foundations reduces premature aging and some skin cancers
- Problems with oiliness and drying? Depending on the formula of your foundation these issues can be successfully managed
- Foundations are generally applied with a sponge, foundation brush, or airbrush
- Choose a base colour that is close to your skin’s natural colouring. Your hand should not be used to get the correct foundation colour, instead the skin colour from your neck should be used to obtain a correct match
Which foundation do you use? I like the results I get from Revlon Color Stay in Cappuccino. It’s an amazing foundation.
credits: Studio 67 Makeup Artistry & School Pro Makeup
There’s an App for that
Remember the days when communication was simpler and having valuable interactions with family and friends was a meaningful and enjoyable experience? Are you feeling slighted and frustrated about the quality of your conversations and your interactions because you battle for attention against a hand held device that have no broca’s area in the frontal lobe?! Well, you are certainly not alone! It would seem as though Albert Einstein’s fear has been realized – “I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
However, all is not lost, here’s a new App you can ask your family and friends to download, it’s called RESPECT! (Remember, your Eyes, Sparks, Positive, Effective, Communication, Totally!).
The RESPECT App is definitely needed here! (Remember, Eyes, Sparks, Positive, Effective, Communication, Totally!)
Have you ever sat at a dinner table and felt completely uncomfortable because you are not sure what the correct protocol is? Here are four tips to get you on the way to feeling confident and staying calm while dining with strangers, family and friends.
When do I start eating?
When there are fewer than 8 people at the table you may begin eating after everyone has been served. When there are 9 or more people, wait until at least the majority of the people at the table have been served before you start eating.
How do I know what utensils to pick up? This is a brilliant suggestion by Ray Angle who said make a “b” with your left hand, and a “d” with your right hand. The left hand with the “B” tells you it is the bread and butter, the “D” tells you that it is the drinks that are on the right hand side. So you will never pick up your neighbours’ water, coffee, or utensils again.
May I have the Salt and Pepper, please? The salt and pepper are passed together! One in each hand and you always pass them together, even if someone only requests the salt. They are passed and placed together to the person who wants them.
Which direction should I pass the food? Foodgoes around the table counter clockwise.If you are being served a bowl of vegetables and you take it in your hands, you pass it on to your right, on to the next person’s left.
The Etiquette Society International, Ltd/The Etiquette Institute