As a professional Makeup Artist, I am asked to create looks from different eras, which is so awesome. In this week’s post, I’ve decided to invite you along for a walk down memory lane to “Brows Out and Brows In,” featuring the evolution of, yes you’ve guessed right, the eyebrows!
I am a 40’s, 50’s and 60’s woman especially when it comes to the simplistic, sleek designs of Christian Dior and the eyebrows from those eras. I like my brows with a bit of thickness, penciled in, natural and arched. Today, I used Ben Nye brow pencil in EP7, NYX pencil in brown, MAC Cosmetics eyeshadow in embark and MAC Cosmetics brow set gel. So, tell me, which is your favourite era when it comes to eyebrows? Send me a note and let me know.
Here are some great tips for you to think about as you “Brows Out & Brows In,” the eyebrows.
- Brows may be filled in or drawn with a pencil or with powder
- It is best to use a pencil to define your brow where there are small amounts of brow hairs or none at all
- Powders will add volume and fills out the brows more when applied with a brush
- If you have oily skin, I recommend you use powder first to fill in your brow
- If you have dry skin, I recommend you use a pencil first to fill in your brow
Well, there you have it beautiful people! That’s all for this week, you make my work so much fun.
Don’t miss out on other tips and updates, and follow me on https://vferguso78.wordpress.com. I’ve been liking your feedback, so don’t forget to click the “like” button on the posts!
Credits: Studio 67 Makeup Artistry & School of Pro Makeup
Vanessa’s photos: By Kelvin Kellman
Other photos: Pinterest